The Fauquier Bank received its original charter February 14, 1902 and opened for business on March 20, 1902 as Fauquier National Bank of Warrenton. In those early years, most all banks were locally owned and operated. But when our first century in business concluded, we were the sole remaining independent bank in Fauquier County and western Prince William County.Our original purpose was to fill a community need for a local financial institution. The community responded and we grew. With growth came expansion; our Trust Department was established in 1919 and, in 1926, we opened a second branch in The Plains. Today, we have eleven established branches.Having weathered the Great Depression, several wars, and many periods of recessions followed by expansive growth, we are proud of our ability to adapt to the changing needs of the times. As the banking industry began to change in the late 1980’s, we recognized we must also change. On June 25, 1994, The Fauquier National Bank became The Fauquier Bank, changing from a nationally chartered bank to a Virginia state bank.
|Bank Name||Fauquier Bankshares, Inc.|
|CEO||Mr. Marc J. Bogan|