In the early 1920’s, Long Island’s North Shore farmers and small business owners traveled to New York City to do their banking which is approximately 30 miles away from Glen Head, New York. For local residents, it became difficult for them to complete their banking transactions and receive loans from banks in the city due to the distance. Through the hard efforts of local residents, $50,000 in capital was raised and The First National Bank of Glen Head opened their doors for business on October 1, 1927 right at the corner of Glen Head Road & Glen Cove Avenue. The original Officers of the Bank included G. Thomas Powell, President; Harry Tappan, Vice President; and Robert S. Miller, Cashier; who managed the Bank’s very first branch in Glen Head. In 1956, the Bank opened its second branch in Roslyn, NY as a full service office and continued to expand its branch footprint over the years by opening more locations in Nassau and Suffolk Counties on Long Island and in Manhattan. In July of 1978, The First National Bank of Glen Head officially changed its name to The First National Bank of Long Island.
|Bank Name||The First of Long Island Corporation|
|CEO||Mr. Michael N. Vittorio|