Hume started as the Hume Co-operative Building & Investment Society Ltd. and was registered on 4th April 1955.Hume was founded by a group of Albury residents who were dissatisfied with the availability of funds for housing and wanted to help local people purchase their own homes. Hume provided a local alternative for housing finance, something that was becoming increasingly difficult for prospective home owners to find because of regulatory rationing.Hume began operations employing 3 staff in the accounting firm offices of Mr Jim Russell in Dean St. Albury. Mr Russell was the Society’s first secretary. By the end of 1955, Hume had 58 customers, with loans of 43,164 pounds and deposits of 37,990 pounds.Hume’s name was shortened to Hume Permanent Building Society in 1969 and in 1988 became Hume Building Society.After 16 years of operating out of the Dean St office, Hume moved its head office to Olive St where it remains today. Hume officially changed its name to Hume Bank on the 1st July 2014 after seeking approval from its customers and the governing body APRA in 2013. The name change reflects the banking products and services Hume offers. Hume continues to be customer owned and customer focused. After over 60 years of operation, Hume Bank has an extensive branch and ATM network, employs over 150 staff and meets the needs of over 60,000 customers.
|Bank Name||Hume Bank|